There are many choices one can make when visiting Larissa whatever time of year it may be. High mountain ranges in the North (Olympus, Ossa, Mavrovouni, Oxia), spectacular beaches on the eastern coast line touching the Aegean Sea, the valley of the Pinios river, plains of Tirnavos, Agia and Farsala, traditional settlements, thermal springs and ski centres. Choose wild natural routes to discover Mesalagga, Stomio, Karitsa, Velika, swim in quiet coves and follow forest paths.
- Rapsani wine
- Tirnavos tsipouro
- Elassona feta cheese
- Chestnuts and walnuts
- The historical centre and the Alkazar park in Larissa town.
- Larissa archaeological museum
- Ambelakia traditional settlement
- Tembi valley
- Water rafting in Pineios river
- Hiking up Kisavos mountain
- Mount Olympus for horseriding
- The ski centre in Olympus
- Kastri Loutro for a therapeutical sandbath
- Agios Ioannis Prodromos monastery
- Beaches: Velika, Kokkino Nero, Stomio, Mesaggala, Agiokampos
Drink tsipouro in Tirnavos, enjoy the cherry festival (beginning of June) in Metaxohori, the chestnut festival in Karitsa, the cider festival (August) in Neromilous, the apple festival (1st September) in Agia and the wine festival in Rapsani.
The wine tourism is also quite developed in the area since there are many vineyards one can visit, such as that of Rapsani.
Try the famous local pies (eggplant, cheese, meat), local cheeses (the excellent Elassona feta cheese), meats (grilled or on the spit), chestnuts, apples and cherries.
|There are currently no requests available!|
- Canned Food
- Dairy Products
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Honey and Sweets
- Nuts ,Kernels and Dried Fruits
- Olive Oil, Olives and Cooking Oil
- Ready Meals
- Rice and Pulses
- Sauce and Condiments
- Seafood and Fish Products
- Snacks and Bakery
- Spices, Herbs
- Traditional Greek Sweets
- Water and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Wine, Beer and Spirits