Viotia is an ideal destination for a quick getaway from Athens. One can enjoy plains and rivers – Asopos being the most known, Iliki and Paralimni lakes, Elikonas, Kitheronas and Parnassos mountains, beaches and small islands and places of great historical interest such as Plataies and Heronia, home of Ploutarchos.
Arachova is one of the most popular winter destinations since it has the biggest ski centre in Greece and high quality accommodation and restaurants.
- Arachova formaela cheese
- Opsimotiri (type of cheese)
- Olive oil
- Hilopites (type of pasta)
- Spoon sweets and jams
- In Livadia: castle, clock, Trofonio Antro, stone-built bridges
- Archaeological museum of Thiva
- Luke the Evangelist church (UNESCO monument)
- Agia Ekaterini underground church
- Plataiai archaeological site
- Elikonas forest
- Aliartos ancient town
- Cheronia archaeological museum
- Orchomenos acropolis
- Tanagra archaeological museum
Viotia is a fertile region which produces cereals, pulses, olives and vegetables. The locals' main occupation is livestock breeding, bee keeping and fishing. Enjoy various fish (cod, red mullet, grey mullet, sea bass, sea bream, mackerel) from the sea, but also trout from the fish farms.
Try local cheeses, homemade pasta (trahanas, hilopites), Viotia meatballs, Orchomenos cheese bread and sweets.
The village of Arachova is famous for its products: olive oil, wine, hilopites, yoghurt, delicious formaela cheese, ovencooked quince, karidato (type of sweet made of walnuts) and marmelades.
The wines from Thiva and Kitherona mountain are also very good.
|There are currently no requests available!|
- Canned Food
- Dairy Products
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Honey and Sweets
- Nuts ,Kernels and Dried Fruits
- Olive Oil, Olives and Cooking Oil
- Ready Meals
- Rice and Pulses
- Sauce and Condiments
- Seafood and Fish Products
- Snacks and Bakery
- Spices, Herbs
- Traditional Greek Sweets
- Water and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Wine, Beer and Spirits