Zakynthos (Zante) is a verdant island endowed with fertile valleys and a temperate climate. Its landscape diversity has resulted in different types of beaches: there are sandy beaches in secluded coves where the tranquil waters are deep blue on the island's southeastern part; yet, if rugged cliffs and an interesting underwater world are to your liking, try the western part of the island.
Great care is taken to protect two endangered animal species, namely the caretta caretta sea turtle and the monachus monachus seal.
Wander around the picturesque port, the Venetian fortress, the cathedral, go sailing or windsurfing, discover the deep blue sea while diving, dance and sing at the Agios Dionysios festival.
- Ladograviera (type of cheese)
- Mizithra (type of cheese)
- Mandolato (types of sweet with sesame, honey and nuts)
- Fitoures (local sweet made from semolina)
- Post-Byzantine Museum
- Solomos Square
- Venetian fortress
- Public library
- Beaches: Gerakas, Bouka, Laganas, Porto Koukla, Alikes, Alkiana, Navagio, Porto Roma
- Ancient spring of Herodotos and Keri lake
- Blue Caves
Enjoy the local delicacies: olive oil, honey, ladograviera, mizithra, cured ham, madolato, pasteli, raisins and fitoures. There are more than 60 grape varieties that are cultivated on the island, many of which are local varieties (stafidostafilo, black robola, avgoustiatis, verdea). Try pumpkin & cheese pie, pork in wine, flaounitses and stuffed chicken.
|There are currently no requests available!|
- Canned Food
- Dairy Products
- Fruit and Vegetables
- Honey and Sweets
- Nuts ,Kernels and Dried Fruits
- Olive Oil, Olives and Cooking Oil
- Ready Meals
- Rice and Pulses
- Sauce and Condiments
- Seafood and Fish Products
- Snacks and Bakery
- Spices, Herbs
- Traditional Greek Sweets
- Water and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Wine, Beer and Spirits